Friday, July 24, 2009

Voyageur in the Rain?

Looks like there's a good chance of a wet day tomorrow. Will it slow things down? Maybe on the grassy sections but personally I always feel like I am running slow along here... give me rocks and roots anyday! Though rocks and roots in the rain can be more treacherous... not to mention muddy Power Lines. Yikes - that could be fun.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this race. Last year was a great one all around for me - a few wins here and there but mostly just a lot of fun getting out there experiencing new trails, new races and getting to know so many people. Still, the good races always become favourites for me and I would say that Voyageur topped that list last year. Partly as it was my first time ever running on this trail and also since I enjoy out-and-back courses. And having friends in town from Ireland made it special - it was fun hanging out with them and introducing them to this craziness that has become the norm for me since moving here.

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow - and to those folks heading further north for the Grand Island Marathon.


nwgdc said...

Rock it!

Carrie said...

You're amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...


It was so great to meet you at Voyageur. And congrats on a course record! I had been looking forward to talking to you for a long time. Rasmus just told me you had a blog. That's why it has taken me so long to comment :). Can't wait to read your race report.

Tracy H√łeg

Post a Comment